[3830] WPX CW CT7T(@CT1EPV) M/S LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Jun 3 02:11:53 EDT 2002

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: CT7T
Operator(s): ON5UM,CT1GFK,CT1GPQ
Station: CT1EPV

Class: M/S LP
QTH:

   15: 1038

Club: Algarve Dx Group

Comments:

Hay All,

After last years effort as a Single Op, decided to give it a go in the M/S
class.
I had to change all my first plans less than a week b4 conteststart as CT1BWW
could not make it to get equipment and antennas to the South.Had to rely on the
help from good friend Luis CT4NH and as a result I had the CT1EPV station
offered on Culatra Island.
After making the necessary contacts both by phone (me) and eyeball(Tozé
CT1GFK)
we knew it had to be in the Low Power section due to expected troubles as TVI
and RFI with the neighbouring fishermen.Also we had to leave the antennas
cranked dwn as Antonio CT1EPV left to the Azores to prepare the upcoming IOTA
test.We did not know if we would be able to get the antennas dwn if thy where
up.
On 80 m we launched a kite ,with a 1/4 wave vertical and 2 elevated radials
,that stayed up most of the time but laid on the beach as a lack of wind close
to sunrise ...on Satmorning.Sunday was better with more wind and some qso's(only
1 ...W6XR ) in the log.
10m was poor and with the 100w we had big trouble to keep a good rate and find a
place.Very few JA on all bands this year...
All in all lotsa fun over the water but not a good score and poor average
points.
We will see what we can do next year maybe.
Qsl via ON5UM only either direct or via eQSL.cc

Tnx !!! to CT1EPV, CT4NH , My dear wife Suzanne for missing me 4 days during the
holidays.
Special tnx to Tozé CT1GFK and Goncalo CT1GPQ for making a team with me .
Tnx all for calling .

73 and enjoy ,

Jim - ON5UM