[3830] ARRL June VHF K8MR Single Op LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Fri Jun 14 07:34:46 EDT 2002

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN91

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  151    81  Total Score = 15,795

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Same propagation here as everywhere else: reasonably good tropo, little 6 meter
Es.  Actually those are favorable comptetitive conditions for Ohio, as the usual
Es distances for us has nothing closer than KS, VE1, and FL, missing most
population centers.

All but 15 qsos were on Saturday - my daughter graduated from high school on
Sunday afternoon, which included a party afterward and preparations before.

Future possibilities:  she is going to Ohio University in September, with
arrival on the weekend of the VHF QSO Party.  Athens, OH is about 20 miles from
the EM88-89-98-99 grid corner, so if I can figure out how to get all her stuff
and some radios as well into the minivan, I may try some rovering from southern
Ohio/northern WV.