[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0UK SOAB(A) LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun Mar 3 16:40:53 EST 2002

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 20HRS

  160:    1     1
Total:  669   317  Total Score = 636,219

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Friday I had a seminar to attend, plus we had our largest snow storm that
morning also.. Made it to the seminar which went from 8am to 3pm. Stopped by the
nursing home to see my mother to get her lined out for the weekend. As I am
heading home I call my old office. Its a good thing I did because they had some
mail for me.  Picked that up and on home with about 20minutes to spare. Get to
the radio and get the WriteLog program going finally figured it out... Get it
hooked to the internet through K0MP node and off we go..
Got the first phone call about 8pm from my next door neighbor. He is watching
Fox Network and my voice is hailing on his tv. He has rabbit ears antenna and no
cable..At least we agree on that point..I switch in the tuner and my hailing
goes away..Its on 40mtrs and apparently the tuner in the FT1000d isnt
enough..Hmm..anyway he's ok and I get back to 40mtrs trying to work EU
early..Thats a no go with low power..Back to 20, 15, 10 following the mults.
Now I am thinking since at's about midnight. Why am I doing this because it wont
be a full effort..I had agreed to go up saturday to lend a hand at K0DU's
MS..Well the bottom line is that the station did play a little..Here is what I
discovered..
My neighbor needs to get cable but not to watch the porn shows.
Another neighbor needs to get a line filter for his phone, that call came sunday
as I worked mults.
Need a better antenna on 10,15,20mts so the motivation for the stacks is
increased.
Decided to hook the amps up..Getting the 220 into the shack in about 2weeks..
That should really make my neighbor set up HI...
Also decided that I can get over 1000 qso in a DX testlow power if I get into it
seriously..But with class, family, job and friends HMMM dont know...
Anyway had fun swithcing bands and working some of the greatest ops in the
world...Go GMCC  Also congrats to K0DU who had over 1000 QSO on 10mtrs when I
left saturday night at 7pm...again Go GMCC...K0UK