[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4MR(@AA4NC) M/S HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun Mar 3 17:14:51 EST 2002

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4MR
Operator(s): AA4NC, N4YDU, K4HA
Station: AA4NC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: North Am

   20:  892   106
   15:  640   105
   10: 1471   117
-------------------
Total: 3250   466  Total Score = 4,543,500

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a really fun contest here except for QRN on the low bands caused by
rain all weekend.

Blew up the second radio (FT990) on Friday night, so basically took turns using
a single radio.

Looks like we spent too much time running on 10 meters and not enough time
hunting mults.

Highlights of the weekend:
- Counting the ZF2MM spots (Paul's gonna owe those guys back home - they spotted
him at least every 5 minutes).
- Meeting "the contest Nazi" (KG2BU) on 20 meters who kept telling me "the
contest is over for you" while he QRMed me.

Thanks to N4YDU and K4HA...