[3830] ARRLDX SSB N0FP SOAB LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Mar 4 18:04:04 EST 2002

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N0FP
Operator(s): N0FP
Station: N0FP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: North Am

  160:    5     5
Total:  857   243  Total Score = 624,753

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Conditions kinda fell apart the second day.  Still quite workable DX in EU.  The
JAs had to go to work Sunday so not many JAs booked.

I heard some real weird auroral effects on Sunday.  If the EU was running power,
the long path signals actually made me think I was being called by more than one
station, only to find out that what I was hearing was the echos.  Real weird
sound.

The EU QRPers were active on 10 meters Sunday.  I found myself CQing on 10 and
ran about 20 right in a row.  One guy was running 1 watt.  Amazing...

Great fun.  Can't wait until next year.