[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5NZ M/S HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Tue Mar 5 05:36:16 EST 2002

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5NZ
Operator(s): W5BA , K5GA , K5NZ
Station: K5NZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: North Am

   20:  696   120
   15:  674   115
   10: 1262   119
-------------------
Total: 2871   480  Total Score = 4,132,800

What a weekend!  My usual trip to Mexico had to be cancelled at the last minute
due to business matters.  Bill, K5GA, then talked me into doing a M/S with him.
Knowing this would be a tuff job alone we talked Gerald , W5BA, into coming up
to give us a break here and there. He worked the night shift hard!
We knew there was some serious M/S efforts taking place from Texas this weekend.
 K5GA has held the W5 M/S record for 20 yrs and wanted to at least be in the
hunt with all the "guns" trying to take it down.  We never expected to do this
well. Congrats to all the super efforts, conditions were as good as I have ever
heard from my QTH on the high bands.  We look for a small score reduction as I
think we busted the 6 band change rule a few times in our lack of sleep mode.
Sure wish they would come up with something easier to keep up with.  Thanks to
all the mult QSY's!!

http://www.texasinfo.net/k5nz/k5nz.html