[3830] BARTG VE5CPU SOAB HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Mar 18 17:18:36 EST 2002

                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: VE5CPU
Operator(s): VE5CPU
Station: VE5CPU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SK

   80:    3    3     5
   40:   42   42    22
   20:  179  177    37
   15:  291  285    61
   10:  338  332    80
------------------------
Total:  853  839   205  Total Score = 1,001,766

Soapbox: Since I missed this one last year, so I deceided to get my butt
in the chair and do a full 30 hours this year.  I was rewarded with my
best ever effort in this contest and my first time past a million points
(assuming my error rate isn't too high).

Conditions were good on the whole, but there were certainly some strange
times in terms of level of activity or my off periods were badly timed.
This first half by far the most active.  I thought I might have made a
1,000 Qs based on the early rates, but that goal was obviously not going
to be achevied based on the second halfs level of activity.

10 and 15 were the most productive and for some reason, likely bad timing,
20 was tough to get any serious level of running going, especially the
second day.  With the high bands being in such good shape, I only spend a
couple of hours on the low bands, mostly trying to improve on the mult
count.

Thanks to the team at BARTG for their ongoing efforts in this event.  As
always THANKS to the many stations - familiar and new - for dropping by
and exchanging a few Q's

73, Bart