[3830] BARTG WA9ALS SOAB HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Wed Mar 20 17:06:31 EST 2002

                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: WA9ALS
Operator(s): WA9ALS
Station: WA9ALS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Indiana

   80:   80
   40:   34          14
   20:  248          68
   15:  301          73
   10:  338          72
-------------------------
Total:  921  5526   227  Total Score = 1,254,402

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It might be hard to teach an old dog new tricks, but maybe I'm starting to
get it.  This was a HUGE personal victory for me!  My previous highest Q
total in a RTTY contest (not counting Caicos) was 600-something (once).  I
passed that by Saturday night, and everything on Sunday was just personal
gravy!  There's no substitute for "time in the chair", and this one's no
exception.  I think this was my first major full time effort since Caicos a
year ago, and it was sure worth it!  Various goals presented themselves on
Sunday - 700, then 800.  I didn't think I could make 900, but it turned out
that I had miscalculated my time by 1 hr in my favor, so that last hour
allowed me to make 900.  I had the whole family double checking the math on
the times!  Actually, they were simple:

0202 - 0355
1210 - 0306
1124 - 0031

I have no idea why I achieved the big increase in performance other than a
little more experience.  However, I still made some stupid mistakes.  I
really missed out on mults on 40 and 80M.  Great contest - Thanks BARTG!