[3830] WPX CW KT1V M/SSelect HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun May 26 20:59:31 EDT 2002

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KT1V
Operator(s): AG9A NT1N KT1V
Station: KT1V

Class: M/SSelect HP
QTH:

   20: 1107
   15: 1630

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to NT1N and AG9A - nice to see that ops much better than me don't do
*anything* different, they just do *everything* better! And thanks to the
less-than-excited pregnant XYL who cooked up a storm and ended up having a very
nice time too

Worked 40 hard - the big 3 ele yagi helped a lot. Unfortunately it broke late
the first night, but with a few hours on the tower Saturday was working again.
Also the ringrotor for 20 turned out to be off about 45 degrees - we noticed on
Sunday, but I think it may have somehow gone off during the contest. Maybe it
helped us get a few extra prefixes?? And packet was hosed a lot - was someone
feeding bogus/old data into it and overloading it???

15/20 were great - I don't think 15 closed ever. 10 was very marginal. 40 was
good, and 80 not bad either.

73
Theo, KT1V