[3830] WPX CW KC5FU(N5QQ) SOSB15 HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon May 27 18:31:15 EDT 2002

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KC5FU
Operator(s): N5QQ
Station: KC5FU

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: NTX

   15: 1033

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Did any of you hear the 'motor boat' centered on 21030 Saturday afternoon for
about 3 hours? Signal was 10db/S9 and about 20khz wide!!
=======
WAY TO GO GATOR!!! Nice Score - How many stogies did that effort take?
=======
Fun contest as always. Thought I would try a little single band effort on 15m,
which turned out great since I heard 10M was not a lot of fun! Where were the
JA's???
WX was gorgeous (i.e. time to do antenna work!) here in North Texas on Sunday,
so I gave up operating about 11AM on Sunday to finish erecting one of the new
KC5FU towers; two erected, three (four?)to go.

All we have for contest use at present is the MULT tower ==> TH7@ 60ft, 2EL 40
@70ft and some 80/160 wires. Equip used was FT1000MP with an Alpha 78, Writelog
and some bean dip.

(BTW, this was 1st use of the new KC5FU callsign.)
73
ron/n5qq