[3830] WPX CW N3UM SO(TS)AB HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Thu May 30 18:53:38 EDT 2002

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH: MD

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I've been doing CQ WPX CW for years, but this year for the first time I had a
tribander on a tower, AND a linear, AND the whole weekend available.  The result
was my best ever in any contest.

Conditions and activity levels were very good on 15 and 20, fair on 40, and poor
on 10 and 80.  No thunderstorms within 20 miles, despite predictions.

Fun to have R1MVI respond to my CQ TEST on two different bands, also such
goodies as ZL, VU, XW, 3V, ZS.  Real Contesters are supposed to care only about
multipliers, so I guess I must still be part DXer.