[3830] SS CW K4OJ(@W1CW) Single Op HP

k4oj at tampabay.rr.com k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 4 06:57:03 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4OJ
Operator(s): K4OJ
Station: W1CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

...felt totally out of my element - skip was SO short on 20 that I didn't know
how to offset it - chose wrong, obviously....first 3 hours I was on track for a
decent score but when I dropped to 20 it was like I switched in a dummy load and
rates went in the toilet.

Everyone is talking about how good Sunday was - HUH?????????  Rates were slower
than ever on Sunday for me...

Will not make the box this year, oh well...vy tnx to K4IK and K1TO who tried to
help me get there.

Yes, I worked VY1JA two times before SS but missed him when it counted...

For those wondering, when FCG members were working each other you may have heard
"PK" - this was in honour of recent SK fcg member N4PK.

Enought excuses...I DID have fun - mebbe top 20?

OJ