[3830] SS CW AE6Y Single Op HP

andrew.faber at gte.net andrew.faber at gte.net
Mon Nov 4 09:04:24 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Missed NL.  None called me, and when I found VO1MP on the second radio on 10
Sunday morning, he was working split in a horrendous, unruly pileup.  I had
never, ever been in an SS pileup before, and I knew it was stupid, but I
actually wasted 35 minutes fruitlessly calling Gus, before he gave up, and so
did I.  The computer treated it as off time, because no QSO was made during that
period!  Talk about foolish ways to waste time.
  Other than that, it was a typical SS CW.  The bands were full of guys calling
CQ endlessly, and a very slow Sunday afternoon.  Conditions were excellent, but
activity just wasn't there.
  CU in phone.
  73, andy, ae6y