[3830] SS CW N5DO Single Op LP

dcockrum at sulross.edu dcockrum at sulross.edu
Mon Nov 4 18:32:40 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WTX

My best score ever in one of my favorite contests.  Ten meters is usually good
from west Texas, but this year it was outstanding.  I have a new Fluidmotion
Steppir antenna and it seems to work very well.  I also fixed my 402CD 40M beam
so I was able to do fine there.  The Steppir antenna has a neat feature that
allows one to push a button and reverse the direction fairly rapidly.  The 40M
beam does not have such a feature, but I found myself trying to do that on
several occasions.  When others call me and I see that we had worked before, I
usually just work them a second time.  This time I had a total of 40 dupes --
thats more contacts than I made in some hours.