[3830] SS CW N7IR Single Op QRP

hembree at asu.edu hembree at asu.edu
Tue Nov 5 14:17:14 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: AZ

Club: Central AZ DX Association

Comments:

A personal best effort in this contest and maybe a new SW Division record.
Overall one of the most satisfying operating experiences I've had in any
contest.  The SO2R setup worked flawlessly and the Elecraft K2 receivers kept
operator fatigue to a minimum, even with the enormous signal levels on 40, 20
and 15.

80 and 10 were not very productive from Arizona under the disturbed ionospheric
conditions we experienced during this contest.  No NWT or NL stations were
heard here and AK was heard only once briefly on 20 meters.  Worked all the
multipliers in the first 11 hours; MS being the last one.

My thanks to all the participants and congratulations to Tree on achieving a new
QRP record.

EQ: Two Elecraft K2s, Top Ten DXD SO2R box, CT 9.74, Force 12 5BA, C3S and
EF240/230 yagis and an 80 meter delta loop.

73
Gary, N7IR
DM43bi