[3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP

bbradford2 at houston.rr.com bbradford2 at houston.rr.com
Thu Nov 7 07:55:27 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: N TX

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

I didn't oversleep this year, but I did operate 2 hours Sunday afternoon with
the 15/10 antennas NW instead of NE/NW. That cost me Qs, but not enough to get
me close to the leaders.

I've never heard 40 so crowded as I did this year. There were stations all the
way from 7000 to 7100 with everybody fighting for 250 cycles of spectrum ! What
a dog fight !! I only had one bad hour though when I got pushed around and lost
concentration.

I can't wait for the sunspot cycle to begin going down, then all the 8s and 9s
will return to 20 and 40 during Sunday morning and afternoon. There simply
weren't any stations to work with everyone on 10 and 15.

Many thanks to Jay and Sharon for their superb hospitality and permission to
barge into their home once again. They always make me feel at home, and I truly
appreciate that. Besides, I need a Lady/Tess fix each year !