[3830] WAE RTTY VE3IAY Single Op LP

ve3iay at rac.ca ve3iay at rac.ca
Sun Nov 10 21:53:33 EST 2002

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE3IAY
Operator(s): VE3IAY
Station: VE3IAY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   20          0    32
   40:   71         20    96
   20:  135         10   102
   15:  121        100   106
   10:  121        140    94
------------------------------
Total:  468   0    270   430  Total Score = 317,340

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Unassisted.

TS-850S: 100W AFSK, except when a flaky audio cable adapter led to sudden drops
or rises in my audio signal. That started on Sunday morning, but I only tracked
it down an hour or so before the end. I hope I didn't QRM anyone while juggling
audio levels.

Ground-mounted trap vertical antenna. I was going to try a wire antenna that had
worked well in SS CW, but RFI crashed the computer so I went back to the
vertical.

Software: MixW 2.06M, QTCs done by hand (cut & paste from text files). Next time
I hope to be doing QTCs automatically like everyone else. By hand was slow and
clumsy, and I lost time fussing with text files every time I sent or received
QTCs. Even so, I enjoyed the QTCs, and being able to send them in either
direction gives the RTTY version of this contest a character all its own.

High point was working 8N1OGA during the last hour for a new one. Also worked
3XY7C on 4 bands.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and QTCs, and my apologies for bad signal quality
while I was wrestling with audio problems.