[3830] SS SSB VE1OP SO Unlimited HP

snichols at mvosprey.com snichols at mvosprey.com
Sun Nov 17 16:45:13 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NS

Wish I could have spent the entire allowed time, but had to quit early Sat night
due to other committments...Lost 4 good hours...Oh well.....Bettered last time
by a long shot...The beam also iced up Sun afternoon which didn't help at
all...Forced me to give the amp a rest.

15 metres was my best band, with almost half of my total QSO's...The sweep was
not too hard either...VY1JA and I worked each other Sunday afternoon to give
each other the sweep after chasing each other all over the spectrum...Was nice
to see NL well represented too after slim pickin's during CW...

First SSB contest with the ability to use .wav files...A real throat saver!!
Used N1MM Logger and it performed flawlessly...If you haven't tried it, do
yourself a favour...

Now time to QRT for a day or so to see how much the kids grew in the last 3
weeks, and then back to getting ready for CQ WW CW...Gotta love this time of
year...

Thanks for all the Q's...

73, Scott VE1OP