[3830] SS SSB K9GY SO Unlimited LP

eric.p.hall at us.army.mil eric.p.hall at us.army.mil
Sun Nov 17 19:09:21 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Missed LA & PQ...should have waited more for W5WMU!
Never heard a PQ though. Had set my goal somewhere between
100-400 Qs so glad to make that. Took some breaks, etc.

K9PG wore off on me and I put up a 40m dipole just above
my roof line. Worked pretty good and the XYL QRM from putting
it up was minimal although she thought I was going to take it
down on Sun morning, hah! We had some SNOW so the roof is going
to be slippery tomorrow morning...Uh Oh! Put the antenna together
from 21-23z on Sat, nothing like pre-planning to limit the rushing
around at the start!

A lot of fun for a CW guy. The CW "Superbowl" is next ---> CQ WW CW :-)

73, Eric
http://www.K9GY.com