[3830] SS SSB N3XT Single Op LP

n3xt at arrl.net n3xt at arrl.net
Mon Nov 18 08:13:27 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N3XT
Operator(s): N3XT
Station: N3XT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

Club: Grand Mesa

Comments:

I knew it might be tough when on Friday the cold went from my head to my chest.
On Saturday there was a lot of green coming out of my lungs, and on Sunday I
could hardly talk.  I wasn't sure if I would operate at all on Sunday, but
finally crawled out of bed, cleared my lungs and gave it a go.  I hung in there
all right, but got tired of S&Ping the same 30 stations.  The drugs must have
kicked in as I found an open spot on 15 and started running (note to self: make
sure you have plenty of liquids BEFORE you start the run)  I got up once only to
be beckoned back by a crystal clear call to me from the doorway.  Anyway, I
survived, though I'm home today trying to recover, and scored a personal record
in less time for this event. Hopefully next year I'll have the tri-bander up and
better health so I can put in a full effort.  For all the pain today, it was
still a good weekend.  Thanks to all who put up with my coughing on the air.