[3830] SS SSB WA3SES Single Op LP

e.miske at worldnet.att.net e.miske at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 19 06:41:03 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WA3SES
Operator(s): WA3SES
Station: WA3SES

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

"THANKS FOR THE SWEEP!"

Huh?? You serious??? WPA Is your final section?

I was told that 6 or 7 times Sunday. The only time I've ever given anyone a
sweep in anything was from Cambria county in the Pa QSO Party, and then rarely.
Never have I given the sweep to anyone in SS, Phone or CW. Really added some
spice to what was going to be a VERY casual SS Phone operating experience.

Going in, the plan was to get on for a few hours Sunday evening after the
Steelers beat up on the Titans. (Ok, so my plans AND the Steelers plans went
awry). I found myself with a little spare time around 1500z, so decided to "take
a listen". Made a few S&P Q's on 40 and settled down at 7.172Mhz. 56 minutes and
122 Q's later, I was quite excited to have heard the "thanks for the sweep" and
"I've been looking for you" comments several times.

Got back on later on in the evening and heard it again several times. Spent
total of 8 hours on the air, which was about 4 hours more than I planned on, but
the time was well spent.

I knew N3FR wasn't going to be on, and I guess some of the other WPA "usual
suspects" didn't make it either, though I did "find" 12 other WPA's myself.

Anyhow, to those how got the sweep from me, (in the words of Bob Hope) "Thanks
for the memories". And thanks to the other 500 or so who didn't need me for the
sweep also.

Ed - WA3SES