[3830] SS SSB KY5V(KC5YKX) Single Op LP

kc5ykx at swbell.net kc5ykx at swbell.net
Tue Nov 19 07:54:50 EST 2002

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KY5V
Operator(s): KC5YKX
Station: KY5V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Corpus Christi

Rig : Yaesu FT-1000MP MKV (half power)

Antennas : 10M vertical (used for 10 and 15 meters)@ 25 feet
           40/80 Trap inverted V (used for 20,40 and 80 meters)@ 35 feet

 Soapbox : Conditions where great for my first SS phone. Antennas where
           not as good. 10 meter vertical for 10 and 15 at 25 feet and
           a 40/80 trap inverted V for 20, 40 and 80 meters at 35 feet.
           Missed a sweep by 3 mults. All I lacked was MAR, QC and NNY.
           Not to bad for a contest newbie. Put in 15.5 hours of in and
           out contesting. Made a good run on 10 meters for the first couple
           hours with the rate averaging about 120/h and a peak rate of 180/h.
           The rest of the contest was S&P. Hope for better antennas next year

           and a sweep.