[3830] CQWW CW N4ZR SOAB HP

n4zr at contesting.com n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Nov 24 14:06:21 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4ZR
Operator(s): N4ZR
Station: N4ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV

  160:   10     5        7
   80:   92    14       46
   40:  199    23       73
   20:  357    28       76
   15:  409    24       83
   10:  511    22       78

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Quit about noon Sunday because things were going so badly.  I really don't
understand it, because the station was working fine, and I didn't have any
cockpit problems that I could notice, but the QSOs just wouldn't come.  Had S9
noise levels on 80 and 160 both nights (no RX antenna on 160), but the high
bands opened late for me, never sustained anything like the rates of 2000 or
2001, and closed early.

I'll be interested to see what the consensus is on conditions.  Maybe my
disappointment is just a symptom of my having a capable station for the first
time over the top of a sunspot cycle and down the other side.