[3830] CQWW CW KE8RO SOSB/15 LP

ke8ro at arrl.net ke8ro at arrl.net
Sun Nov 24 17:38:18 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KE8RO
Operator(s): KE8RO
Station: KE8RO

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:  408    32      119

A moderate attempt at my first CQWWCW contest in a few years and it all was a
S&P effort. I had to work Friday so I did not really get started until Saturday
morning and then I over slept on Sunday.  I thought the bands were pretty fair
from my location.  Plenty of super signals from Europe and the Caribbean.  As
far as the Pacific, I wondered what happened to Hawaii?  I only heard AH6RE
toward the end and he had such a pile up that my little station would never have
made it.  I was happy to get Zone 1 toward the final leg of the contest when I
started to hear Alaska.

HIGHLIGHT: Working a new one, Western Sahara (S0)!

Off to make up some family time and then once the dust has cleared, time to fill
out the QSL cards and find routes for those that I need.  Thanks to all that had
patience with my small signal from near Lake Erie!

See ya's in the next one!

73,
Phil KE8RO