[3830] CQWW CW SP5DDJ SOSB/15 QRP

sp5ddj at wa.home.pl sp5ddj at wa.home.pl
Mon Nov 25 00:24:01 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SP5DDJ
Operator(s): SP5DDJ
Station: SP5DDJ

Class: SOSB/15 QRP
QTH:

   15:  487    30      115

At 03:30Z I turned all equipment on, boot computer and could't log the first
contact, because my keyboard worked weird. I had letter Y instead of Z and vice
versa. Rebooting did not help, and while conditions were raising I had to
reconfigure CT in Windows environmnet very fast. I made it in 30 minutes
learning again how to handle DOS programs. First day for QRP-er is always tough,
because of pile-ups and I concentrated on multiplier. Couldn't reach zone 26,
but what a nice surprise when I called CQ only once by the edge of the 15m CW
edge and VK2 responded. Zone 30 was logged then. South America failed on 15m
meters completely both days. Second day was much easier and I could complete
remaining zones and countries. Within the contest I made DXCC QRP on 15m. The
same one I have made last year on 10m. Next year I'll go for Polish QRP record
on 20m.
I'd like to thank all Hams who picked-up my weak signal. You must have good
receivers&ears.
72'ss
Wim