[3830] CQWW CW N1EU SOAB(A) HP

n1eu at yahoo.com n1eu at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 14:37:24 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1EU
Operator(s): N1EU
Station: N1EU

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Delmar, NY

  160:   28    11       27
   80:   71    15       61
   40:  151    24      101
   20:  223    30      111
   15:  478    32      124
   10:  308    26      112

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

S9+ rain static Friday night made the Force12 C3-S unusable on receive.  Managed
to work some 20M using the Beverage on receive.  Fine mult harvest on 40M Friday
night partially made up for it, but q’s were definitely slow coming.  Saturday
morning started off well on 10M but then gale force winds kicked up and drove
the 10M SWR crazy on the C3-S and the Alpha amp was faulting constantly.
Couldn’t even drop my call in without the amp faulting on 10M.  Switched to 15M
and the going was great with phenomenal conditions.  All was fine until the
afternoon when the amp faulted one last time and never would come back, dead in
the water.  With wind out of the sails, I only did a few more hours low power
the rest of the way.  Big thanks out to Glenn AE0Q at Alpha for responding first
thing Monday morning with help and a fix.  I will be adding spacers to the C3-S
log cell to prevent future SWR mayhem.

160M:   inv L, Beverages (4 directions)
80M:    1/4 wave wire vert
40M:    delta loop
20-10M: C-3S @ 50ft

Thanks for all the q's & CU in ARRL 160,
Barry N1EU