[3830] CQWW CW KC8FS SOAB LP

kc8fs at arrl.org kc8fs at arrl.org
Mon Nov 25 16:02:15 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KC8FS
Operator(s): KC8FS
Station: KC8FS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: West Virginia

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    8     4        5
   40:   52    15       33
   20:   90    21       60
   15:  161    24       70
   10:  172    19       71

This was my first contest at the new QTH in Huntington. I am having my patience
tested with American Electric Power Company trying to get someone to come here
and locate a noise source that is plaguing me with a 10-over hiss from hell on
EVERY band. Sure makes it tough with the noise blankers in on the 100-MP when I
am copying every strong signal on the band in a din of splatter.  This was not
fun and I will have to have some relief from this before I make another attempt.
 I couldn't hang due to frustration, anger and discouragement. Otherwise, I am
pleased with the new C4SXL but know my score and at least my psyche would have
been a lot better had I not had to deal with the powerline interference.