[3830] CQWW CW PA0JED SOSB/15 QRP

pa0jed at amsat.org pa0jed at amsat.org
Tue Nov 26 01:30:23 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PA0JED
Operator(s): JAN,PA0JED
Station: PA0JED

Class: SOSB/15 QRP
QTH: Zevenaar
Operating Time (hrs): 2,2

   15:  131    17       41

Hi,
This should be my 15th CQWW CW, so decided  SOSB15 HP. Got myself a 2 ele mono.
(have to install every time I want to operate on a telescopic alu mast).
 Did test the set-up at the SSB part (minus HP). That was The Plan, but as
always in real Life things change. Just one week before 00.00Z mr Edsel Murphy
made me to know his sister Flu Murphy. And as things happens we ended in bed.
Had a hard fight together, me pretending headaches etc., she didn't want to
leave. At the end I won but the deadly mark of 00.00z was long out of sight, it
even was already 12.00z.
So The Plan had to be changed, at that moment clear thinking was a little
possible but had time enough, to tired to do anything else. If, if, if I was
ready enough to sit upright, I maybe, I could I might participate Sunday.
That moment came at abt 12.00z Sunday. Oke Rise&shine.
Turned my antenne West reduced the IC746 power to 4,7 watts ( age/10??) And
jumped in. Why QRP you might think: was a part of my thinking in the previous
hrs. I know myself, if thinks went well, I would go to the limited to work every
Ham around.With QRP have to select: could hear/can't hear. 2nd should be a small
effort, hence small power.
3rd Did see in the CQWW overall standing for PA0, no 21Q entry, so? 1 QSO would
make me famous ( for at least 1 yr). QRP pwr it would be.
After 30 mins 39 Q's. Had to lay down for a while Flu laid here warm hand in my
neck.
At 15.00 tried again, this time could operated for 1,5 hrs  83 QSO's.
Exhausted.
Laid down for a while and could make some 9 more QSO's until 15mtrs was
exhausted to.
So, is this fun, YES it is.

2nd check your log if I'm in, You have a fine set of ears and had, at that
moment, one of the strongest signals on the band at my place.Congrats.

3rd beware of miss F. Murphy.

4rd QRP is only 2 S units down of 100W and perhaps 4 with full legal power.

tnx and  73   jan   pa0jed