[3830] CQWW CW N2BA SOAB(A) LP

usallens at comcast.net usallens at comcast.net
Thu Nov 28 20:09:36 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2BA
Operator(s): N2BA
Station: N2BA

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: ENY

  160:   32     8       21
   80:   96    13       63
   40:  242    26       94
   20:  283    33      114
   15:  580    28      113
   10:  419    29      104

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

First ever attempt at assisted category. Running low power w/2 radios and packet
certainly had me feeling like I was operating the computer more than the
radio.

I'd put up a K9AY, which seemed to work great before the contest, but all during
the contest it seemed to lack directionality. About 1 minute after the contest,
when tunning to 3830, I realized I'd pulled the control cable out of the back
right before the contest as I was setting up the 2nd radio! Now I'll have to
wait for the 160M contest to see how it works...