[3830] CQWW CW KC1F SOAB HP

kc1f at adelphia.net kc1f at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 29 04:51:32 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KC1F
Operator(s): KC1F
Station: KC1F

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH

  160:   28     9       17
   80:   84    12       47
   40:  270    21       85
   20:  445    27      100
   15:  602    29      106
   10:  535    25       92

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment Description:

Station #1:  TS-850S, AL-1200
Station #2:  TS-930S, NCL-2000

160 meters:	135 foot inverted L, 70 feet vertical, four non-resonant radials
80 meters:	1/4 wave wire vertical, 7 non-resonant verticals
40 meters:	wire four square
20 meters:	KLM KT34A rotary at 57 feet, Cushcraft 20-3CD fixed at Europe at 45
feet
15 meters:	Cushcraft 15-4CD rotary at 49 feet
10 meters:	Cushcraft 10-4CD rotary at 51 feet, Cushcraft XM510 fixed at Europe
at 46 feet

Time of operation:	33 hours
SO2R with Array Solutions SO2R Master

Conditions didn't sound that great here, and my score suffered despite ongoing
station improvements.  The bands opened late and closed early, and I had a tough
time on 40.  I think higher antennas would have helped a lot this weekend.  New
for this contest was a 3 element 20 on a 20 foot boom, which really was not much
louder than my tribander, and a 160 meter inverted L, which did work OK.  Also
new was a SO2R Master, replacing my old home brew box.

                  73 to all, and see you next time !

                          Stu     KC1F