[3830] CaQP K4RO Single Op LP

k4ro at k4ro.net k4ro at k4ro.net
Sun Oct 6 17:24:55 EDT 2002

                    California QSO Party

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN

  160:    0      0
   80:    4      0
   40:   14     20
--------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

(Preliminary score, as several mobiles logged as zero points.)

Wow, this was some QSO party!  I had not planned to operate
full-time, but then I got caught up in the fun and wound up
putting in 21 hours. I should have just gone ahead and went
the distance. I also blew it on 40 meters, and the low bands
in general, including poor off-time choices.  High/Lowlights
included almost endless callers on 10M SSB, few callers on CW
or any band but 10m SSB, bad line noise the first day, no line
noise the second day, and a beautiful weekend in TN. The old
negative-gain Mosleys still rock.  Trinity was the last county
for the sweep, thank you W6PZ.

It was a blast, and it won't be my last.
I've always missed this one in years past,
but this year I entered, and ran 'em real fast.

Hope to CU next year!  Thanks for all the QSOs & QSYs,

-Kirk K4RO