[3830] CaQP NB1B Single Op HP

nb1b at arrl.net nb1b at arrl.net
Mon Oct 7 16:42:38 EDT 2002

                    California QSO Party

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: NB1B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA

  160:    0      0
   80:   21     28
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Earliest sweep ever for me from here- 0113Z!  Thought I'd be in the running for
fastest sweep, but not even close!

Could never get a 10M run going on Saturday. I could call anyone that I could
hear, and waited thru my shares of pileups, but only managed about 60 QSOs on
10M for Saturday.  On Sunday, I had a nice run going that all of a sudden
stopped- looked at the clock and realized that the Charger and 49er games had
just started.  I think all the casual ops left to watch the football games.

Condx were not good.  I drool at some of the southern tier stations that had 280
and more SSB QSOs on 10M; I don't think I could have heard that many CA stations
on that band this weekend.  They certainly weren't hearing me!

All in all, a great time.  Did a personal best in this contest, upped the Mass
record, and pretty sure I made the Top Ten Out-of-State stations.  I was a
little concerned on Sat when I heard N8BJQ, KE9I, W8MJ, and one other station as
many as 100 QSOs ahead of me at one point, but it looks like the better
conditions on Sunday (and the fact that I didn't work a lot of 10M stations on
Sat) let me catch up.

Last county worked: Modoc
County # 57: Yuba (of course!)

To all the Cal stations, Thanks for the Q's!

Dennis NB1B