[3830] PaQP WN3VAW Single Op LP

wn3vaw at arrl.net wn3vaw at arrl.net
Sun Oct 13 18:13:44 EDT 2002

                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: WN3VAW
Operator(s): WN3VAW
Station: WN3VAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Pittsburgh, PA

--------------------
Total:   50    341  Mults = 100  Total Score = 44,400.0

Club: Wireless Association of South Hills

Comments:

Enjoyed myself as always, but I have to admit to feeling a little
disappointed.  I thought I was going to finally get a sweep this year -- I
broke 40 counties a little over an hour after the contest started, and ended
last night with 63 worked.  However, I knew I was going to lose time today
for family obligations, and I ended up losing much more than expected, and
that cost me those last 3 counties (heard all of them on 40 too, but they
weren't holding frequencies and I never could quite catch up with them
before I had to leave... but my nephew had a nice 10th birthday party...).

Great to hear a lot of the WASH club on -- it was very obvious the N3SH,
WA3SH,
and N3ZNI/mobile gangs all had a great time.  Sounded like N3IDH at WA3COM
and W3RJM at W3KWH did too.  And it was great hearing & working Jack N3FZ,
who despite his late start probably beat my score.  (It's been a LONG time
since Jack & I were in the Pa QSO Party together... I think the last time
was when we were both operating K3CR, and the contest was still in
September, and neither of us wants to think that far back!)  Anyway...
Congratulations all!