[3830] SAC CW OH4A(OH6QU) SOSB/20 HP

oh6qu at sral.fi oh6qu at sral.fi
Fri Oct 18 02:09:40 EDT 2002

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6QU
Station: OH4A

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Nr. Salo

   20: 1213    74
Total: 1213    74  Total Score = 220,520

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was the 1st anniversary contest for Jukka's, OH6LI superb contest
QTH at his summer cottage (OH4A). It was just one year ago when we got
the last 20M 4el yagi up to the tower and the antenna cable connected
to one of the 4 over 4 over 4 stacks.

It was very easy to motivate myself for this year's SAC CW as the
result of the last year's contest was pretty good even though almost
everything went wrong at that time. It was also time for a revenge as
Jari, OH8LQ (OH8L) beat me last year with less than one multiplier.

This year I planned to be ready for the contest well before the start,
but just 10 minutes before the start of the contest I found myself
still fixing a small details in the station. Well, everything was
ready in time for the contest except that the operator had an empty
stomach i.e. no time to eat anything before the contest.

During the first couple of hours the QSO rate was good and steady and
very soon I realized that there is a great opportunity to break the
SOSB 20M record this year. That was surely helping me to keep the
spirit up and CQ engine running during the difficult hours of very
late night and very early morning when the QSO rate was falling below
20 QSOs/hour.

It was a really enjoyable contest as the conditions were good and
there were plenty of stations to work even in the single band category.
The claimed score exceeds the contest record by more than 10%. Now I
just have to wait and see if the score is good enough to win the SOSB
20M in the contest or did OH8L or someone else beat me once again!?

Thanks to everyone who worked OH4A!

Equipment:
2 x Kenwood TS-850S/AT
Top Ten Devices DX Doubler (SO2R controller)
Commander HF-2500/kW
6 x 4 el monoband yagis in two fully rotable towers; 4 over 4 over 4
on 42m (140') tower and 4 over 4 over 4 on 45m (150') tower
2 el delta loop fixed to EU at few meters above the ground

73 and cuagn in next year,
Jari OH6QU