[3830] CQWW SSB VE2ZP SOSB/80 HP

ve2zp at rac.ca ve2zp at rac.ca
Mon Oct 28 02:48:24 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE2ZP
Operator(s): VE2ZP
Station: VE2ZP

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Quebec - Zone 5
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  758    20       65

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

With help from VA2ADB, VE2GK and VE2GK's son, I put up a quarter-wave vertical
two weeks before the contest.  It seemed to perform moderately well.
Conditions, however, seemed a little depressed.  Europeans were harder to work
than they should have been.  I did hear and nearly work JF1IST (Japan is rarely
audible on 80m here), I heard a very weak but uncopiable VK6LZ in the dying
hours of the contest, and there were many multipliers I missed because I
couldn't seem to attract their attention.  I need more antenna, but don't we
all?