[3830] CQWW SSB N1LN M/S HP

n1ln at arrl.net n1ln at arrl.net
Tue Oct 29 03:51:24 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): W5MF, K7LEX, K5NZ, W5SB, W5PF, WA5MLT, KD5NDZ, KD5TMF, N5EN, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Texas

  160:   17     9       13
   80:   75    13       40
   40:  155    28       83
   20:  400    34      123
   15:  573    34      128
   10:  887    32      136

Between strange propagation and a equipment failures this year was indeed
challenging.   Many times in the contest stations were well up in the s-meter
readings but they could not hear us at all.  Other times stations were just
above the noise and we worked them on first call.   Then there was the equipment
failures.  About 4:00am Saturday the amp on the mult station died.  That was
replaced Saturday morning about 9:00, but 15 meters had a problem.  That problem
was fixed Sunday morning about 3:00.  We also lost the 75 mtr front end in my
FT1000-MP (only part deaf - A/B input only - the RX input is OK), but didn't
notice that until the contest was over.

All that said, a bunch of guys got together and had a great time once again.
Thanks to all the stations around the world that worked us - we appreciate it.
Thanks to WriteLog for the excellent software.   And, most of all, thanks to my
VERY UNDERSTANDING wife (Laurie - N1YXU) for "ONCE AGAIN" realizing how much we
enjoy this contest.... even though every year it is on our wedding anniversary.