[3830] CaQP W6YX M/S HP

n7mh at arrl.net n7mh at arrl.net
Tue Oct 29 15:51:20 EST 2002

                    California QSO Party

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO, W6LD, WJ6O, N7MH, KX6C, N9FZX, K6IF
Station: W6YX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SCLA

  160:
   80:   77     138
   40:  206     262
   20:  205     327
   15:  219     443
   10:  161     504
--------------------

After single-op efforts in CQP from W6YX the last couple of years we decided to
do a casual Multi-Single to include more of our club members.  When the contest
ended we were within 1000 points of the M/S record for California, although our
score took a big hit when I discovered that we hadn't worked an Alaska station
since an early QSO with Arkansas had been logged as AK and noted as an error
(beware, other TR users).  If we had realized that we hadn't worked AK, then we
could have pointed an antenna in that direction, but nobody knew until after the
contest.

Maybe next year we can plan things better and operate the extra 4.5 hours we
took off to sleep.  Apologies to everyone that asked for a QSY.  The 10-minute
rule is to blame.

My most recent CQP effort was in 1980 so I was glad to be able to participate
again.  All in all it was a very fun contest and a good time was had by all.

-Mike, N7MH