[3830] NA Sprint SSB N6WIN(@W2IJ) LP

n6win at arrl.net n6win at arrl.net
Sun Sep 15 08:34:53 EDT 2002

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: N6WIN
Operator(s): N6WIN
Station: W2IJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SO CAL

   80:    0       0
   40:   74       2
   20:   94       2
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

This was my 1st Sprint, what a thrill. I really enjoyed this one, all the moving
and fast typing/checking for dupes is something. Took me about 30 minutes to get
into the swing of things. Hoped for 50 Q's an hour and missed it by 8 hr rate,
not bad for 1st time I guess. Also missed out on 50 mult goal.

80m did not play for me at all. I didn't hear anything on 80m for some reason
using the same bazooka as I used during the NAQP SSB last month.

1st knock at SO2R, helped me a bit with monitoring whichever band I wasn't
running. Did make 19 band changes between 40/20 so wasn't too bad. Around 15
Qso's with 2nd radio. Will fine tune the SO2R thing during CQP.

SO2R equipment worked excellent, no trouble at low power with the bandpass
filters. All antennas on same tower using 20 foot mast.

Station:
Yaesu FT-1000 Mk V Run radio
Kenwood TS-950S
Ice 419 Bandpass filters
Array Solutions SO2R Master & Six Pack
Cushcraft A4S (60') and D40 dipole (65')
Writelog

73, Tim N6WIN.

http://www.timcoker.com/hamradio.htm
mailto:n6win at arrl.net