[3830] SAC CW K5ZD SOAB HP

k5zd at contesting.com k5zd at contesting.com
Sun Sep 22 08:55:47 EDT 2002

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MA

Total:  302   129  Total Score = 65,016

Operated more than usual to repay the hospitality the OH gang showed us at
WRTC.

The quality of operating in this contest is excellent.  Great operating skills
and big signals.

OH5BM was loudest on 10m all of the time.

SK3W was very strong on 80m.  The LA and OZ stations were loud at their sunrise.
 Others were all weak.

The best signals I have ever heard from Scandanavia on 40m at 23Z.  All of the
big stations were well over S9 with very little flutter.

SM5CEU and OZ1LO also had big big signals.

Five band QSOs with SK3W, OH2BH, OH2U, OH9MM, OH2PM, SM4F, OH1F, SM3Z, 8S5X, and
OH5CW. Stayed up so late working the low bands that I could not wake up for 10
and 15m at the end so missed finishing more 5 banders.  :(

See you in SSB next week!