[3830] NA Sprint CW K9GY QRP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun Sep 8 05:22:44 EDT 2002

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IL

---------------------
Total:  35     Mults = 10  Total Score = 350

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #2

Comments:

FT-817 (5 watts) and Cushcraft R7000 (base @ 11 ft above ground level)
(No 80m antenna here)

Thought I would fire up the little radio for this one and have some fun!
It really is amazing how much the 817 does for such a small package.
I have even been inspired to chase QRP DXCC. Thanks 8P9JG for the new one.

First hour was 25 QSOs, which was promising with QRP.
Then I listened to 40m and it had S8-S9 noise, yucko!
The M class flare in the second hour did not help much either:
http://www.sec.noaa.gov/rt_plots/xray_5m.html
Decided to watch the ending of "Boys Town" with the XYL...

Catch the fun in the Worked All Europe DX Contest SSB (Sep 14-15)
http://www.waedc.de
K4JA will be M/O with K4JA, K9GY, KE9I, W3BP
http://www.K4JA.com

Be radio-active!

73, Eric
aka "MOJO"