[3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun Sep 8 10:16:33 EDT 2002

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA

---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: S. States Sprint Coalition #3

Comments:

After a gustnado (NWS term for tornadic shaped winds that don't reach the
magnititude of a tornado) took the KT36XA and wire antennas down mid-summer I
decided not to rebuild. Changed my mind and got everything plus a second
tribander up. All seemed to work well.

I managed to hose things a couple times. Forgot to switch radio when I went
from 40 to 20. After duping someone, noticed and took a few minutes to go
back and correct the log. Had a problem with display on 746 going black for
periods of time. Lost focus for a little while after a 20 to 40 band change.
Signals from north of the Mason Dixon line on 40 had a very hollow or fluttery
sound and were a bit difficullt to work. Heard a VE2 on 40 that disapeared
and think I hear someone working WB0O on 20 early on but didn't hear a peap
out of Bill.

I really didn't do SO2R, but the ability to do immediate band changes and to
listen to other bands for activity were a great help. Plan on electronisizing
the SO2R thing before the next round of NAQP/Sprints!

W4AN backed up by N2NL did a great job in organizing the Southern Coalition!

RIG -
IC746/TS850 w/single band ICE filters
Writelog
KT36XA @ 65ft