[3830] WPX SSB J5UDX(IV3NVN) SO(TS)SB10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 9 09:49:55 EDT 2003

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: J5UDX
Operator(s): IV3NVN
Station: J59OFM

Class: SO(TS)SB10 LP
QTH: Caboxangue
Operating Time (hrs): 26,8

   10: 1759

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Radio:     YAESU FT-890
Antenna:   3 el. Tribander by PKW
Power:     20 watts

PS: About power; I used mainly 20 watts, some times 5 watts and one hour a day
    I could use 100 Watt.
    As power supply I used a Truck battery and Solar Pannel.
    The generator were scwitched on only between 20z and 21z, so in this hour
    I could work with 100 watts, but the propagation was nearly gone (.....but
    it is always worth looking around, so I could get 2 multipliers, KH7U and
    VK8AA).

    Very difficult situation in Guine'- Bissau, to get the gasoline for the
    generator, you need to drive 6 hours (one-way)in a very rough street to
    get to the petrol station.

    In the Catholic Mission in Caboxangue, where I was host, they need the
    electricity for living, so I feel very bad in asking to switch the
    generator on for my hobby.
    Hope you can understand the situation.

    Next time will try to resolve this problem.

   Having a great time in the contest working EU with 5 watt.
   Sorry for JA's and pacific station if I could not put a decent
   signal in your direction.

   Thankyou to all of you who called me and a big thanks to
   Padre Gianfranco J59OFM for giving me the opportunity to use
   his station.

   See you next time.

   Simone IV3NVN