[3830] EU Sprint CW ON5ZO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 21 03:40:18 EDT 2003

                    EU Spring Sprint, CW

Call: ON5ZO
Operator(s): ON5ZO
Station: ON5ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JO20ar

   80:   30        1
   40:   54        1
   20:   46        2
---------------------
Total:  130   Total Score = 130

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

After last weeks personal SSB disaster, I wanted to come back in my faviourite
mode. Still have no antennas here (just moved in) so I took down the 80m dipole
I used last week and quickly build myself an inverted L: 10m up, 10m horizontal
sloping down a bit, fed with a SGC-230 coupler and about 20 radials each 8m. Not
an ideal antenna but it played remarkably well for a 'local EU' contest on all 3
bands.

I ended up with 130 Q's, exactly the same as last CW Sprint, but I was glad to
get so far as the first 2 hours were really slow for me: I had a hard time to
get concentrated, I was very distracted by the fear of QRM/TVI in the new
neighbourhood, but I have had no complaints about this so far.

Sprints are a special type of contest I think, but I like it and surely will be
back again for more!
73 es CU all de Franki 'ZEP' ON5ZO