[3830] FlQP W4ARM SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 27 17:16:47 EDT 2003

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W4ARM
Operator(s): W4ARM
Station: W4ARM

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: MIAMI-DADE

--------------------
Total:  358    125  CW Mults = 68  Ph Mults = 34  Total Score = 171,564

Club: SFDXA (South Florida DX Assoc)

Comments:

Heavy Rain on Friday night and Saturday washed off the power pole insulaters in
the area providing a pleasant QRN free operation when I was able to get on the
air at 9 PM Saturday night and All day Sunday.

However, conditions on Sunday were terrible until about 1 PM. My plan was a CW
only entry but, calls dried up at noon, and had to go to SSB for about an hour
or so to fill the time. Dropped to 10 m CW for a quick try and first call was
from KH6 for the much needed HI mult. Some DL's and G's but not many other
Europe callers.

Definitely need to improve the antenna situationn here by next year! Inverted
Vee at 35 ft and ground mounted vert just dont penetrate on Low Power - but
appreciate the 2x mult for LP!!

Thanks to all who called!