[3830] WAE CW N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 12 08:49:21 EDT 2003

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    7           5
   40:  103          25
   20:  263          40
   15:  191          36
   10:    3           3
-------------------------
Total:  567   541   109  Total Score = 280,324

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

No fun with low power at times and had to take cat to vet (3 hours Sat AM)
so only a part time effort. It was too easy to find a clear freq most of the
time, activity puny. Despite predictions of thunderstorms all weekend, they
never got within a hundred miles, QRN levels were very low for summer, even on
80 M. My best run on 40 M was as usual at the end with time running out; it was
hard to find mults; Eu was sleeping and sigs could have been better. Condx were
better than expected, especially on 15 M which stayed open late (21Z) past any

meaningful activity both days, Sunday was poorer. Worked EA, CT, F on 10M Sunday
AM;some sporadic E may have helped on 10 and on keeping 15 open so late. You
could tell guys were desperate for Q's/QTC's when 2 stations called me back to
complete QTC's which had already been sent first 8!