[3830] NAQP SSB N9RV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 17 08:16:06 EDT 2003

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN

Total:  535   135  Total Score = 72,225

Club:

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

A distracted, part-time effort.  Tried and failed to get my 160m
wire back up.

Signal strengths from west coast were way down.  N7GYD usually
pins the meter on 15, as does N6RO, both were only s7.  Was ready
to declare conditions bad, except every European or JA I heard
on 15 was incredibly loud.

W4MYA was loud on 10, but nothing else east of Texas or north of
Florida was.  Colorado, as usual, owns 10 meters back here.

40 SSB was about as bad as I have ever heard it, noise-wise.  I
only went to 75 to try to work Lucas (whoops, Elvis) at LU1FAM,
but never heard a peep.  Had fun running down the Elvis and
Princess team, though.

Congratulations to K4XS on the monster score.

  - Pat
    N9RV