[3830] NAQP SSB K7SV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 17 18:27:07 EDT 2003

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA

  160:    3     3
Total:  716   159  Total Score = 113,844

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I must be losing my mind. Planned on spending only a few hours in this one, and
the endless thunderstorms in the area provided an excellent excuse to do so. So
why did I end up only a half hour short of a full effort? Probably the best
answer is this is one fone contest that I enjoy. I think part of the reason for
the funky conditions was sporadic E. From here it payed to run to ten from time
to time because the band opened in a variety of directions, but was too spotty
to sustain runs. The gulf coast is usually good from here on ten (and six) when
we have sporadic E. It also produced some very short skip on 20 which was my
goldmine! The storms didn't shut me down, but they were close enough that the
static crashes on ten made it difficult to copy the weak stations. Didn't do as
well with scatter as usual. Didn't do much on 75 or 160 either. In my mind an
ideal NAQP would have sporadic E and nice quiet bands without thunderstorms! 73
de Lar