[3830] SARTG AA5AU SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 18 13:50:06 EDT 2003

                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LA

   80:   10   100    11
   40:   40   470    29
   20:  219  2665    74
   15:  201  2630    67
   10:   30   340    17
-------------------------
Total:  500  6205   198  Total Score = 1,228,590

This was an enjoyable contest to operate after struggling through the last few
contests with poor propagation.  15 & 20 meters were pretty good.

I got a late start and only put in 2.5 hours during the 1st period because of
work and having to take the YL to dinner.  Only made 56 Q's.  I was able to work
most of the other periods but I would have never believed I would score over a
million points having worked only 2/3 of the contest.

Biggest surprise of the contest, other than decent condx, was having GU0SUP
break a pileup I had going on 15 meters.  Great going Phil!

The biggest disappointment was not being able to give Mike, K4GMH, more
competetion.  I worked 56 Q's the 1st period, 245 the 2nd and 251 the 3rd perod.
 I didn't work a complete 2nd period, taking 1.5 hours off at the end, so I
figure I lost about at least 250 Q's by not operating the whole contest, maybe
more.

What really pushed me to compete hard in the last two periods was a US station
with a 5 callsign not signing / portable the area he was in.  I didn't want him
to win the 5th district from another area! hi  I'm happy to say that I caught
him and passed him during the 3rd period.

Thanks to SARTG for the great contest.  I love the 8 hour format.  Thanks to
everyone for all the Q's.  See you in SCC, even though I won't be able to put in
a full effort.

73, Don AA5AU