[3830] OhQP W5AC(NT5TU) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Aug 26 09:39:37 EDT 2003

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: W5AC
Operator(s): NT5TU
Station: W5AC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 9:15

   80:    6
   40:   26      6
   20:   68     98
--------------------
Total:  101    104  CW Mults = 61  Ph Mults = 50  Total Score = 34,077

Club: Texas A&M ARC

Comments:

Could only operate first 9 hours, then had to QRT just as 40 and 80 started to
open up.  Until then 40 was very frustrating as everyone seemed to move there
from 20m, but nobody could hear me scream into these barefoot rigs.  So, most of
the Qs were made on 20.  Heard W6's work into Ohio on 15, but not even a whisper
on the other side most of the time.

Big thanks to all the mobile guys, who really are the ones doing all the hard
work and making state QSO parties interesting and exciting.

CALL   QSOs
K8MR/M  16
AF8A/M   9
KU8E/M   9
KJ9C/M   8
W8CAR/M  7
AA8HH/M  3
K8RYU/M  3
W8UE/M   2
WD8LQB/M 2

These 9 stations accounted for 1/3 of the QSOs that I made!  And without them I
wouldn't have 39 of my mults.  Thank you guys!  I think y'all need a small
mobiles-only window though, because it was very hard digging you out from under
+30dBs of splatter from fixed stations.

100 other Ohio Stations were worked, of which about 9 came back to my CQ and
didn't even have a clue that their state QSO party was going on.

Enjoyed the event and see you guys in a month in Texas QSO Party.
Stop by and say "Howdy!"

73,
Dennis/NT5TU