[3830] CQWW CW KP3Z(N5TJ) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 05:02:54 EST 2003

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KP3Z
Operator(s): N5TJ
Station: NP4Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:  240    17       49
   80:  445    22       80
   40: 1520    32       96
   20: 1350    37      105
   15: 1290    35      108
   10: 1920    33      102

Bad news: Power went out 1 hour before start of contest
Good news: 6.5KS gas generator available from down the street
Bad news: Do not have special 220V connector needed for generator
Result: Shaky start to contest. Full SO2R but barefoot

When commercial power finally came back on at 1330Z Saturday I had a choice to
make - keep running low power or turn on the amps and enter the HP category. I
came down here w/ one main goal: to set a new NA record, currently held by 8P9Z
at 10.1M. So I turned on the amps. Knowing that I lost hundreds of Q's and who
knows how many mults in first 13+ hours ....

Cndx did sound great - not sure that helps "us DX guys" though. Thanks to NP4Z
for the use of his station.

Jeff N5TJ